If you are considering
working as a substitute teacher (sub), and if you have minimal experience
doing such work, it is quite likely that you have very little idea
of what to expect. The truth is that a sub has to expect just about anything.
In the substitute teacher's booklet, I cover matters such as:
- Dealing with poor lesson plans (It happens.)
- Handling trouble-making kids (It's inevitable.)
- Limiting workload (Beware!)
- Avoiding bad assignments (They're out there.)
- Dealing with emergencies (That's life.)
- Needing liability insurance (Can you say "litigation?")
- and much more.
A sub cannot be over prepared. Successful teaching is always a function
of proper preparation, period! This booklet will help the novice sub
to intelligently accept or reject an assignment, to efficiently perform
an accepted assignment and to make sure s/he is properly paid for the
assignment. What? You thought the payroll department would lose sleep
over whether or not you were properly paid? Think again!